The final EVENT PROGRAM for Augusta Adventure Fest is now available and is essential reading for all competitors with schedule, course details, maps and more. Read it here.
Scroll down or click the index link below for further details about the Junior Survivor race day:
- Pointers for Kids
- Time Schedule
- Junior Survivor Race Start
- Clothing and Equipment
- The Course
- After The Race
Welcome to the 2019 LAST EVER Augusta Junior Survivor! We hope you are excited because this will be a fun event for everyone!
Please read these event day instructions:
These ‘on-the-day instructions’ tell kids what you have to do and where they have to go… and give parents a clear understanding of what will happen during the event. The first thing is, don’t forget to register (collect your race packs) between 12:30pm and 3:00pm on Saturday in the Turner Caravan Park, this is very important and where we give you all your goodies (including the t-shirt)!
POINTERS FOR COMPETITORS (THE KIDS)
- The course will be very well marked; you just have to follow the orange witches’ hats, red and white arrows and red / white plastic streamers tied to the trees. If you have any problems, just ask the officials in the bright orange vests
- The course is approximately 4km long. This will take you between 20 minutes and 60 minutes to finish so make sure you pace yourself and do not try and sprint the whole way! It is OK to walk if you want to!
- We encourage you to try and finish the whole course, but if you want to stop, just find a marshal wearing an orange vest and tell them.
- This event is about having a fun time outdoors, have patience if there is someone in front of you and don’t push them out of the way!
TIME SCHEDULE (Starts)
Saturday 2nd November, 2019
- Children will start in staggered groups according to their age group and gender with the oldest going off first and following age groups at 2 minute time intervals after that.
- This start line is located on Albany Terrace, adjacent the Turner Caravan Park beside the river (100m from the finish area).
- All children must be gathered at the start at 3:30pm sharp, so we recommend you get to the start line by 3.15pm so you don’t miss out!
- Please attach the race number given to you at registration to the front of the t-shirt or top to be worn during the event. This race number must be clearly visible on the front of the outermost piece of clothing for the whole race!
- We recommend that you leave spare clothing at the start / finish area so you can get changed afterwards
- Participants must wear shoes for the entire event – even into the water
- Participants do not have to wear the t-shirt we will give at registration during the event – but of course you can if you want to!
- The course will be very well marked with orange witches’ hats, red and white arrows and red / white plastic streamers and tape so it is very easy to follow. There are also a number of marshals wearing orange vests located along the course to provide assistance and direction for everyone.
- There are a number of different obstacles and challenges located around the marked course. All are designed for children, are supervised with a marshal and will not cause children any great difficulty.
- Children can be accompanied around the course – they are here to have a fun learning adventure.
AFTER THE RACE
- Presentations will be held at approximately 4:30pm from the stage next to the finish line.
- A number of small spot prizes will be made to kids as drawn randomly ‘out of the hat’ at the presentations after the event. The event is designed around getting kids outdoors and active, and less about racing and competition, so we will not be timing the kids around the course and will not be awarding specific prizes to the first over the line in each category. This way anyone can be a winner.
We hope you enjoy the last-ever Augusta Junior Survivor and remember that there are a lot of cool adventures that can be had outside!