At Rapid Ascent we’re all about encouraging people to get into adventure racing and keep fit whilst enjoying the great outdoors. We’ve compiled a list of training tips, equipment advice, course recommendations and race nutrition links and information below.
There is a superb Facebook group that’s very active with chat and information updates focussed on the Augusta Adventure Fest that we strongly encourage anyone who is interested in the event to join.
Most group members have done the event(s) a few times and are full of advice and info for those who may be new to the event. Many group training sessions, course training days and other group workouts are all shared on this page so join the group and stay in touch.
Connect with other participants of the Augusta Adventure Fest via the all NEW WA Adventure page on Facebook.
We’re dedicating this page to the finale of the Augusta Adventure Fest happening in Western Australia November 2-3 2019.
The page will then play host to other events run by Rapid Ascent like X-Adventure and a new format still in the pipeline!
Post your stories, images and fanfare if you’ve done the event before. It’s a place to connect if 2019 is your first time as well.
Are you ready to get off-road and join the revolution of adventure racing? The Augusta Adventure Fest is the ultimate new challenge for you!
As with all things in life, the bigger the challenge… the bigger the reward. Most first time adventure racers recall their first finish as one of the most incredible moments of their life. It’s amazing what your mind and body can achieve. So step up, sign up for a challenge and re-write your own limits.
We’ve brought back the original Augusta Adventure Race format for the premier event on Sunday this year! Do it solo or in a relay team doing 1 leg each.
- Need equipment? We can help – see our Equipment page HERE
- Need training advice or people to train with? We can help – see below…
- Not sure where to start? We can help – give us a call 03 5261 5511
- Want to join a team? We can help – see our Teammate finder page HERE
Dunsborough Running Club
Train up for the big weekend with the Dunsborough Running Club’s ’12 weeks to Augusta’ program.
Training sessions are:
- Tuesday 5.30pm
- Friday 5pm
- Sunday 8am.
In addition, they’ll be doing some group rides and possibly some paddle sessions too. Find out more on the Dunsborough Running Club Facebook page.
- Runs regular skills sessions
- Call 9293 2115 or visit Kalamunda Cycles – 15 Canning Road, Kalamunda
Perth Mountain Bike Club
- Offers a complete list of off-road mountain bike events to get you some MTB race practise
- Visit their website www.perthmtb.asn.au
West Australian Mountain Bike Association
- Summary of MTB events and activities in WA
- Visit their website www.wamba.org.au
Dirt Skills Margaret River
- Running Dirt Skills Trail School – catering for anyone that wants to have more fun
- Saturdays from 1pm – 3pm
- Visit their website www.dirtskillsmargaretriver.com
Indian Ocean Paddlers
- Winter race series conducted at Leighton Beach over the winter months.
- They also have a number of training sessions which are open to paddlers to attend.
- Website: www.iop.canoe.org.au
- Hold a number of races that would be good lead up training
- Website: www.wa.canoe.org.au
If you are looking for paddling coaching check out some of the following as detailed below:
- Epic Adventure with Guy Power – phone 0407 474 659, email [email protected]
- Precision Paddling with Ty Stedman – phone 0400 723 359, email [email protected] or visit www.precisionpaddling.com.au
- My Ocean with Ash Nesbit – email [email protected]
- Sports Paddle SA with Steve Dalton – phone 0404 501 738, email [email protected]
- Realise Surf Training with Brenton Rose – phone 0418 229 033, email [email protected]
Got a group session we can promote?
We are more than happy to promote other groups’ training sessions on the course – please email the details to [email protected]