Join the fun at the world’s biggest adventure race weekend…
Spectators and support crews are most welcome to join the activity and enthusiasm of the 2019 Augusta Adventure Fest. We made some BIG changes to event structure, races and course for 2019, making it even better for spectators!
The 2019 event sees the Augusta Adventure Fest return to its original format for the LAST EVER TIME. The event will include:
- A return to the classic Adventure Race start at Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
- Adventure Race course that loops back though Albany Tce so you can see your athletes during the race
- So pack your bags and get ready for a great weekend ‘down south!
Live Coverage: Social Media – #AugustaAdventureFest #LastEverAAF
A steady stream of updates and photos over the weekend will be up on Rapid Ascent’s Facebook and Instagram pages so you can follow your athletes and everything else that’s happening.
We encourage you to join the conversation and post your own updates over the weekend with some great prizes available to the funniest updates! Just make sure you tag #AugustaAdventureFest and get engaged.
Adventure Expo and finish line
There will be plenty going on before, during and after racing at the Adventure Expo in Turner Caravan Park on Albany Tce including: finish line for all races, MC and live race updates, kids’ entertainment, sponsor stands, food and beverages, and event bar.
See the Event Expo page for details.
Race start locations
The start line locations are as follows… so share in the thrill of watching the races get under way:
- Cheeky Monkey Mini Race: Sam Griffiths Park on Albany Terrace
- Augusta Adventure Race: Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse, Augusta .
- Augusta Junior Survivor: Albany Terrace, just 300m away from the finish line and event expo in Turner Caravan Park
Supporting your athletes
Support crews are not mandatory for either the Augusta Adventure Fest races, however they can make logistics a bit easier.
- All teams will receive two red wrist bands for your support crew as part of your registration pack. Please ensure that support crew members wear these wrist bands. Without them, they will not be permitted inside the transition areas.
- Support crews may NOT help competitors at any point inside or outside of the designated transition areas. Competitors must get changed, find their equipment and move their boats by themselves.
- Support crews are only able to enter transition areas to drop off equipment when your competitor is not there. Entry to the TA will only be permitted upon presentation of a support crew wrist band (provided in the registration pack of team swimmers, individuals and pairs) and team runners.
- Support crews are able (and encouraged) to enter transition areas to collect your competitor’s equipment after they have departed.
We encourage you to make plenty of noise for your competitors to give them encouragement as they come past. Cow bells and other noise making devices will be available for purchase at the Adventure Expo.
Smoke Free Event
For the health and comfort of all participants and spectators, smoking is not permitted at the Augusta Adventure Fest.